I have a passion for yoga, biking and travel
Lyndsey started a yoga practice in 2000 and continued her practice throughout college at Towson University where she graduated in 2008 with a bachelors of science degree in psychology and a minor in business administration. Lyndsey completed her 200 hour teacher training in 2013 and began teaching classes in Boston while she also balanced a full time corporate position. In 2014, she started a company called Chasing Nirvana Yoga which provides the infrastructure to connect corporate companies with yoga instructors that can teach to a corporate audience within an office setting. While teaching classes and working a corporate job she found that taking a cab between locations was too expensive, but that walking took too long. She invested in a bicycle to get her from A to B more quickly and within budget but found that while biking with her mat it constantly swung around and bumped into her knees making biking in the streets of Boston unsafe. She began researching products that could solve this issue and found that there was nothing comparable to what she wanted on the market. At this point, the idea of a yoga mat bag that could act as a pannier bag was born and over the following year and a half was slowly developed and fine tuned into the sleek easy to use design it is today.
We are looking to hire an intern to cover our social media, blogging, email & product marketing needs. We're looking for someone to manage our social media accounts by implementing strategies and tactics that grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, customers, and active fans and promoters of our company. Candidates must have a knack and love for writing, a comprehensive understanding of the yoga and biking industry, and experience in blogging. The blogger will be expected to sustain and develop the company's voice across all blog content. You'll be expected to develop and track email campaigns to ultimately increase our business' email marketing success. Additionally, you will be our voice and presence at speaking engagements and exhibits.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Create shareable content for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success (e.g., Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions, etc.).
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target buyers.
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on social media ROI.
- Writing various types of articles on a wide range of topics for our blog.
- Optimizing content for search engines and lead generation.
- Growing blog subscribers, converting visitors into leads, and expanding our blog's overall reach.
- Grow our email list organically, not through bought or rented lists.
- Manage various email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our email sends.
- Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.).
- Measure results and optimize the lead nurturing workflows for these segments to convert leads into customers.
- Create product content (e.g. sales enablement documentation, case studies, product videos, website copy, blog posts, Quora/forum responses) to articulate the benefits of our products to the world.
- Travel & speak at exhibits both internally and externally to promote the story of our product.
- Enrolled in college
- Ability to work independently and from home and manage your own schedule
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Proficiency in using social media software to monitor social media conversations. You will be our ear to the ground to route the appropriate marketer, sales rep, and/or support rep to social conversations.
- Bonus experience and skills include Adobe Creative Suite, demand generation, inbound marketing, and blogging.
- Past experience with email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and web analytics.
- Excellent understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as Sender Score, deliverability, and sender reputation.
- Proficiency in email marketing and marketing automation technology.
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization.
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both the written and verbal form).
- A passion and strong understanding of the industry and our business' mission.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content.
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
Interested in investing? We'd like to hear from you. Contact us today at email@example.com